About Town Bookings Connects Authors of New Books to Engaged Audiences
Washington, DC, November 26, 2012 – Hooks Book Events announces a new marketing service for authors. About Town Bookings offers authors of newly published, non-fiction books a way to connect with audiences who are seeking content on their topics of expertise. With a focus on the Greater Washington, DC area, Hooks Book Events reaches an extensive network of government, corporate, non-profit and education organizations to promote thought-provoking programs that “Infuse Ideas.”
“Authors in today’s rapidly-changing publishing industry face greater competition and shrinking publicity budgets. Our specialized book tour marketing services for the DC region help authors reach the right audiences and venues for their new works,” said Hooks Book Events Co-founder and President, Perry Hooks.
About Town Bookings helps authors during the critical time in the first six months of their book launches with:
- Audience Assessment – determining audiences in the DC market who are seeking specific topics of content.
- Book Sales Support –bulk book sales for organizations and events.
- Localized Outreach – localized promotion services to over 100 corporate, library, non-profit and entertainment contacts throughout the DC area, with HBE staff person to sell books at confirmed events.
- Sales Reporting to Best Seller Lists – reporting of event and bulk book sales to lists.
- Best Practices – consulting services on reaching audiences in other markets.
Hooks Book Events leverages nearly 15 years of experience in the publishing industry and event venues in the Greater Washington area, as well as other markets across the country. The company supports local businesses by purchasing books through relationships with DC-based Politics & Prose, Harvard Book Store in Boston and Parnassus Books in Nashville.
Authors seeking book promotion services can contact Hooks Book Events here for more information.