In This Issue:
- You’re invited to an HBE Book Club Event! Join us on July 28 with Mike Zani and The Science of Dream Teams.
- Breakthroughs, transformation, inclusion, problem solving, technology, thriving in change, trust… these are just a few of the exciting topics selected by clients for programs with their teams this summer. Learn more about the authors we’re working with now.
- What’s next? Be the first to know about new books coming out this fall on topics that are top of mind with organizational leaders. Here’s a sampling from the latest Know Ahead List.
- We make bulk book orders easy. Ask us about orders of 50 or more books.
HBE Book Club: Mike Zani with The Science of Dream Teams
Wednesday, July 28, 1:00pm ET
You’re invited! Hooks Book Events is delighted to invite you to a special book club program with Mike Zani, CEO of The Predictive Index, a talent optimization platform that uses over 60 years of proven science and software to help businesses design high-performing teams and cultures, make objective hiring decisions, and inspire greatness in people.
In his new book, The Science of Dream Teams: How Talent Optimization Can Drive Engagement, Productivity, and Happiness, Mike Zani details a data-driven approach to talent optimization that makes hiring, motivating, and managing people more efficient and effective than ever.
Join us on Wednesday, July 28 at 1:00pm Eastern. Your registration includes a signed copy of the book, which will be mailed in advance of the event to those who register by July 9 (US addresses only).
Authors We’re Working With Now
Explore the authors and books we’re working with now to find ideas for thought-provoking subjects you can bring to your team or organization. With ENGAGE video calls, these programs can be readily scheduled. Contact Perry for more information.
What’s Next: Books on our Know Ahead List for Fall
We continuously curate a special list of books on topics that address the executive education, DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion), technology and innovation, employee engagement, and workplace morale goals of our clients. Below are just a few of the books on our most current Know Ahead List. Do you want to know what’s coming? Get the KAL!
Contact Louise to receive a copy, or to identify books on other topics for your organization.
- Beyond Happiness: How Authentic Leaders Prioritize Purpose and People for Growth and Impact (Grand Central, Oct. 12, 2021) by co-founder and CEO of Delivering Happiness, Jenn Lim, shows how to cultivate a culture that can support all its people.
- Elevating the Human Experience: Three Paths to Love and Worth at Work (Wiley, Oct. 26, 2021), by Amelia Dunlop, is for people who struggle to bring their authentic identities to work, and for those people who lead them.
- In The Burnout Epidemic: The Rise of Chronic Stress and How We Can Fix It (HBR Press, Sept. 28, 2021), happiness expert Jennifer Moss explains why burnout is so rampant and provides simple, researched-based solutions for helping employees minimize stress and organizations build happier workplaces.
- Bias Interrupted: Creating Inclusion for Real and for Good (HBR Press, Nov. 2, 2021) delivers on how to interrupt bias. Joan C. Williams, Distinguished Professor of Law at UC Hastings, has played a central role in debates over workplace bias for decades.
- The Awakened Brain: The New Science of Spirituality and Our Quest for an Inspired Life (Random House, Aug. 17, 2021) is a groundbreaking exploration of the neuroscience of spirituality and a bold new paradigm for health, healing, and resilience—from NYT bestselling author and award-winning researcher Lisa Miller.
- The Sea We Swim In: How Stories Work in a Data-Driven World (W. W. Norton, June 29, 2021) is a practical guide to “narrative thinking,” and why it matters in a world defined by data. Frank Rose details how stories, not reasoning, are the key to persuasion.
- The Future of Money: How the Digital Revolution Is Transforming Currencies and Finance (Belknap, Sept. 21, 2021), by Eswar S. Prasad, is a cutting-edge look at how accelerating financial change, from the end of cash to the rise of cryptocurrencies, will transform economies.
- Unrequited Infatuations: A Memoir (Hachette, Sept. 28, 2021) is an epic tale of self-discovery by Stevie Van Zandt, a beloved musician, songwriter, actor, radio host, and activist best known as the guitarist of Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band. Limited Availability
Bulk Book Orders Support Local DC Students
Let Hooks Book Events fill all of your book ordering needs. Through our partners, we can drop ship non-returnable book orders anywhere in the world! Starting with minimum orders of 50 copies, we will prepare an estimate for your approval. Support independent books stores and students in DC city schools, with a portion of our book sales going toward purchasing books for local students.
Contact Denise for more information about bulk book orders.
The team at Hooks Book Events wishes you a safe and happy summer!