- This event has passed.
What Millennials Want from Work: How to Maximize Engagement in Today’s Workforce
February 3, 2016 @ 12:00 am
About the Author — Jennifer Deal is a senior research scientist at the Center for Creative Leadership and an affiliated research scientist at the Center for Effective Organizations at the University of Southern California.
About the Book — Millennials have been burdened with a reputation as spoiled, lazy, and entitled, but the reality behind the stereotype is far richer and more complex. Who are Millennials and what do they really want?
Based on fieldwork and survey data from global research on more than 25,000 Millennials and 29,000 older workers in 22 countries, this book paints a comprehensive, scientifically accurate picture of what really motivates Millennials around the world. Learn how to get the most from Millennials by:
- Improving workplace flexibility―because Millennials don’t separate life and work
- Providing adequate support and feedback―because Millennials like to learn and grow
- Coaching, not micromanaging―because Millennials value autonomy
- Designing competitive salary structures―because Millennials know what’s up
- Providing opportunities to contribute to society―because Millennials care about doing good
Millennials want a satisfying job that pays well, coworkers they like and trust, advancement opportunities, and the occasional pat on the back. Who doesn’t want those things?
This essential book explains who Millennials really are, and offers practical advice to help those who manage, lead, and work with Millennials to improve teamwork, increase productivity, strengthen organizational culture, and build a robust talent pipeline.