The Short List Is Out!
The Short List for the Financial Times Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award:
• Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity and Poverty by Daron Acemoglu and James A. Robinson
• The Hour Between Dog and Wolf: Risk-taking, Gut Feelings and the Biology of Boom and Bust by John Coates**
• Private Empire: ExxonMobil and American Power by Steve Coll
• Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography by Walter Isaacson
• What Money Can't Buy: The Moral Limits Of Markets by Michael J. Sandel**
• Volcker: The Triumph of Persistence by William L. Silber
**Hooks Book Events has done events with these authors/titles in 2012.
We may still be able to arrange events for your company with one of these authors of “the six most influential business books in 2012.” Please call or email if you are interested in pursuing one of these ideas.