Programs with a Purpose is a series of conversational book talks and interviews featuring authors who have published books on topics related to poverty, equity, and justice. These free events are co-produced with our partners, Leadership Greater Washington and A Wider Circle as a service to our community.
Leadership Greater Washington’s mission is to bring leaders together to make positive community impact in the Washington Metropolitan region. The mission of A Wider Circle is to end poverty through on-the-ground programs and services. Teaming up with wonderful nonprofits has turned Programs with a Purpose into an amazing community offering that is special and unique. Programs with a Purpose book talks are free with advanced registration. The first fifty registrants typically receive a free copy of the speaker’s book!
Featured Authors & Books
- Heather Boushey: Unbound–How Inequality Constricts our Economy and What We Can Do About It.
- Stephanie Land: Maid—Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother’s Will to Survive.
- Steven Pearlstein: Can American Capitalism Survive? Why Greed is Not Good, Opportunity is Not Equal, and Fairness Won’t Make Us Poor.
- D. Watkins: We Speak for Ourselves—A Word from Forgotten Black America.
- Frederick F. Wherry: Credit Where It’s Due—Rethinking Financial Citizenship.
Please keep an eye out for our upcoming Programs with a Purpose author events in our Calendar.