Authors We’re Working With Now
Click on the book covers below to learn more about the titles and authors we’re working with now. See something that would be a great fit for your organization? Contact Perry to learn more about availability this spring.
February Know Ahead List
We’ve been busy identifying compelling titles coming out this spring and summer. These are only a few of the authors and topics we can arrange for your organization’s next team building, leadership development, or client event. Contact Louise for the latest copy of our curated Know Ahead List.
- Invisible Solutions (Amplify, Mar 3, 2020), by Stephen Shapiro, provides 25 lenses to allow organizations to move from idea-based innovation to question-based innovation and solve any problem faster, with less risk and lower cost.
- Upstream: The Quest to Solve Problems Before They Happen (Simon & Schuster, March 3, 2020), by New York Times bestselling author Dan Heath, delivers practical solutions for preventing problems rather than reacting to them.
- Attention, A Love Story: A Search for Attention in the Age of Distraction (Pantheon, Apr 7, 2020), by neuroscientist Casey Schwartz, will resonate with readers who want to determine their own minds, away from the siren call of their screens.
- Intentional Integrity: How Smart Companies Can Lead an Ethical Revolution (St. Martin’s Press, June 2, 2020) by AirBnb General Counsel Robert Chestnut, delivers a six-step process for leaders to foster and manage a culture of integrity at work and shows how the results flow directly to the bottom line.
- In Start Finishing: How to Go from Idea to Done (Sounds True, Sept. 24, 2019), Charlie Gilkey, a speaker and business strategist, provides a set of tools to help readers stop being bogged down with task lists and start finishing their work.
- Narrative Economics: How Stories Go Viral and Drive Major Economic Events (Princeton U Press, Oct. 1, 2019), by Nobel laureate Robert Shiller, shows how popular stories affect economic behavior. It may be his most important book to date.
CONNEXT with Joel Peterson
Wednesday, February 26
We’re thrilled to be a sponsor of this event produced by Northern Virginia Family Service. Join us for a conversation with Joel Peterson, JetBlue Chairman & New York Times bestselling author of The 10 Laws of Trust: Building the Bonds That Make a Business Great. Your ticket includes networking, breakfast and a copy of Joel’s book.
Bridge Builder with Adam Cohen
Friday, February 28
Hooks Book Events engages disconnected and disenfranchised communities through Bridge Builder programs. In partnership with non-profit community partners and award-winning authors, we host private events at five DC area schools. Your Bulk Book Orders help us to underwrite these programs.
This month, we are hosting New York Times bestselling author Adam Cohen with a revelatory examination of the conservative direction of the Supreme Court over the last fifty years since the Nixon administration.
Hannah Jewell at LiLi The First
Thursday, March 5
Join our friends at LiLi The First in Georgetown for an evening with Hannah Jewell, an on camera host for the video team at The Washington Post. She was previously a writer at BuzzFeed UK, where she became known for her humor writing about gender and her satire of UK and US politics, and for presenting BuzzFeed’s live 2016 election night show.
The first 20 registrants receive a complimentary book! Due to limited seating, RSVP is required.
Programs with a Purpose with Rebecca Henderson
Monday, May 4
In partnership with Leadership Greater Washington and A Wider Circle, we’re pleased to offer the Programs with a Purpose series of educational events.
Rebecca Henderson’s research and teaching explore what it’s going to take to build just and sustainable capitalism. Drawing on twenty years of research in organizational change, innovation and political theory, Rebecca will lead us in a conversation that will explore ways businesses can change the world by reimagining capitalism so that it is not only an engine of prosperity but also a system that is in harmony with environmental realities, striving for social justice and meeting the demands of truly democratic institutions.